Friday, May 29, 2009

Round

I did it...I stood on the stupid scale today and let me tell you it was not pretty. I am now about 20 lbs over weight. I am going to lay it out here and maybe my blog (readers) will keep me accountable.

I am in shape...but not the shape I want to be. I am now ROUND! How did this happen? No it is not the bag of popcorn I eat nightly...it can't be. The probably is my job...this damn job. My boss is so nice he takes us out to lunch EVERY day. Every day I am eating fried, fatty, greasy, rarely good for you food and lots of it. I have no control. I know when I get there I should order the salad, just order the salad. No instead I order the bacon cheese burger with fries and soda. It also doesn't help that I am completely sedentary all day.

Well I have to do something about this. I have always wanted to be one of those people you see out running. I have the schedule - it's an 8 week plan to get me running at a constant pace for 30 mins (2 miles). I can do this, I know I can do this. It's only 30 mins and it's not even every day. I realize that this is just a number and I wouldn't care so much about the number if I wasn't so ROUND. So tomorrow morning I will begin the journey of getting back to the correct shape.

2 comments:

Iva Messy said...

umm 1) you are soooo not ROUND!!

2) I'm totally supporting you in your shape up commitment! You can do it!

Ashley said...

Okay...maybe not round - oval would have been a better description :P

Thanks for the support!