Monday, June 1, 2009

Randomness

I had a really good weekend. The weather was beautiful and the Mister and I had nothing going on. We got up early on Saturday and started on yard work. Mowing, killing weeds and even cleaned out the overflowing gutters (so glad the pollen is finally gone). The rest of the day we hung out on the deck and enjoyed the sun. The Sunday was very similar. We didn't have yard work but we got up early and got some shopping done. We were back home and on the deck early afternoon and I tried to catch some rays. I have a wedding I am going to in two weeks and I need some sun.

I also started reading the Kite Runner. I have had this book for awhile now but hadn't been in the mood. I wasn't really in the mood for it this weekend either. I was thinking chic lit would have been more appropriate. It is so good though, so far it hasn't exactly been a happy story, but it so real and emotional. I don't know how many times I cried during it and I am not even finished. I would highly recommend this book when you have some time and are prepared to feel some pain and heartache. I want to see the movie now but I am not sure it will be a great movie.

On Saturday night we watched the movie 7 pounds with Will Smith. Wow, what a heart breaker there too. I really enjoyed the movie and it really makes you think about what you would do in that situation. Would I be as selfless and he was? Would I give up everything for 7 random people? I don't know. I would like to think that I would be willing to give up something, but everything including my life. I don't want to give to much away in case you haven't seen it. I really enjoyed the movie. Oh and it even had the Mister in tears and that is not an easy thing to do.

I have one more update. So Saturday I was going to get up and start my running...well it didn't happen. It didn't happen on Saturday or on Sunday. But this morning the Mister and I got up early and we started the first day of our 8 week challenge. I am so pumped and glad we were able to commit this morning. I wasn't sure we would do it or not but we did!

No comments: