Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hello Mr. Spider

Today is my first day back to school after my one month summer vacation. I am taking three classes this semester and I am here all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So today at 8:00am I arrive at my first class and it is CANCELLED! The professor doesn't have the key so she decides we won't have class today. 8:00...I was there at 8:00 for a class not to go back home! Fortunately I live close enough to campus that I went back home and came back to campus for my 12:00 class. Again CANCELLED!! This time the teacher is sick! I am not going back home this time and decide to spend my time surfing the web and catching up on message boards and blogs.

Okay here is where the spider comes in! As I am sitting there minding my own business from the corner of my eye I see something move across my phone and coming towards my arm. I look over and see a HUGE spider coming towards me. Keep in mind I am still at campus sitting in one of the buildings where there are other people sitting. I leap up out of my chair, throw my computer onto the chair next to me and yes I screamed!! As I was getting up the spider leaps towards me and I am positive that it has attached itself to me and I just can't see it. So for 5 minutes...okay maybe 30 seconds I am standing there frantically searching myself for this HUGE spider...I am not overreacting here, this spider was large! Then I spot it on the chair and take me sandal off and kill it! Of course at this time I remember that I am not alone and realize that there are about 6 people looking at me like I am so crazy woman.

No crazy lady here...just scared of spiders. "Sorry about that; there was a huge spider". No one seems to care though and precedes to smirk and giggle! No this is not how I usually react when I come into close vicinity with a spider; however this was not a ordinary encounter. I was extremely startled by this thing. I swear it was the size of a half dollar...that's a HUGE spider!

Needless to say it has been a somewhat interesting first day back and it's not even over yet!

No comments: