Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blind Side

My update on the extra experience. My friend Bethany and I did actually end up going to the movie set to be extras in the new Sandra Bullock movie. We had a blast! We got there at about 7:30pm and got ourselves checked in. There were a lot more people there than I was expected. They had us hang out for about 2 hours before they actually needed us. Finally around 11 they took us all done to the set. I don't even know how to explain it. We mostly sat there and every once in awhile they would give us some instruction on what to do. You just end up repeating the same scene over and over. I think the whole night they maybe shot 4 minutes of the entire movie. At 1:30am we had lunch. Yes, lunch! They had box lunches for everyone. After lunch they took most of the extras that were left across to the other side of the field. This is when we actually got out first look at the stars. Bethany and I finally decided to leave at 3:30 in the morning. After talking to everyone we quickly realized that the extras that were sticking around were all getting paid. I am pretty sure that all the free extras had already left (besides us). We met some really interesting people and would definitely do it again.

Here are a few pictures.

SJ - this is what they called Sandra when they needed her to do something. We figured it was SJ b/c she is married to Jesse James. We walked right past her when we were leaving.

The Set














Sandra (wearing white sweater) and Tim (right next to here in black jacket)

Okay I am going to have to work on adding pictures, but I wanted to get them up.

So today we are going to Chattanooga for my Mother in Law's 60th Birthday! Should be a pretty good time.


No comments: