Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beginnings of a Nursery

So I have really wanted to post about this since the weekend and all week but I haven't had a second to stop and put it on words. The Mister and I had such a busy and great weekend. We went to Ikea on Friday and bought the crib and mattress. We put it together last night. It is small and not very extravagant but I love it and it will do it's job I'm sure. I just really didn't see the point of spending a lot of money on a crib. This crib will eventually convert into a small toddler bed also so we will be able to get a good amount of use out of it.


Then on Saturday we got up early and went to several yard sales that were happening in the neighborhood. We got some great wooden toys and a wooden table and chairs set. We spent the rest of the weekend cleaning out the nursery and converting the guest room into the guest room/office. At first we were thinking it was going to be pretty crowded but everything fits and actually looks pretty good.

I was really impressed that we were able to get so much done. Now I just have to pick out a paint color.

No comments: