Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Festivities and 6 Weeks!

I was going to do two different posts but I just have the energy to do one. I didn't really understand this whole idea of fatigue during the 1T but let me tell you, I do know. I feel like I could constantly take a nap. Of course there is no time for that and I am afraid that if I go to bed right now I will be up at 3:00am. Because besides being extremely tired I am not sleeping very well. However I am so grateful to be pregnant that I will take exhaustion any day.

Sunday we hit the 6 week mark! We are half way through the 1T! I can't wait to be past this stage, mostly because the chances of miscarriage diminish by a ton once you are in 2T. Little T-Bone has tripled in size and is now as big as a pea. He has eyes now and is growing his other facial features like a nose. Yes I am calling TBone a he, this is just a gut feeling I have and of course may mean nothing but I am going with it for now. The Mister of course is praying that TBone is a boy. His mom on the other hand, refers to the baby as a she. Besides being tired I am also constipated, have lots of gas and feel like I could throw up at certain times during the day. Sorry if that was a little TMI. Other than all of that I am feeling great...appreciate every day that I am pregnant!

We had a wonderful 4th of July also! We left on Thursday night for Florida and came back on Monday. It was a great break and I was able to get in lots of naps! It was very hot so we didn't do a whole lot, mostly spent all of our time in the pool. Unfortunately when we got back I had a paper that was due today and of course I hadn't started on.

This is all I have for tonight! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend too!

8 comments:

Fine For Now said...

I'm dealing with the same thing, very tired during the day, but not sleeping well at night!

I have absolutely no gut feeling right now about what the gender for our sweet pea is....but I think it is awesome that you do!

When was your last period? I'm still so confused on how to measure how many weeks I am, since every baby website is different!! :)

Ashley said...

The first day of my LMP was May 25 and I have an average 25-26 day cycle. I used the BabyCenter.com due date calculator. Hope that helps!

Fine For Now said...

My LMP was May 31 and I have an average cycle of 30 days. BabyCenter/BabyZone say 5w2d but TheBump says 6w2d, so that's why I'm confused :)

Are you cramping? I have MAJOR off/on cramps!

Ashley said...

When I put your information in it looks like you are 5w2d, due date probably March 9. One of the sites said 3/7 but I think that was based on a 28 day cycle. This would proably make sense too since you had your LMP 6 days after me.

I did have quite a bit of cramping in week 5. I haven't had as much since but it lasted a couple of days. For me I think it was gas related. It made me pretty nervous though. I had other people tell me that the baby is growing pretty quickly and your stomach is already stretching some at this time.

Fine For Now said...

Thanks!

I guess I'll just have to wait till next week when I go for my doctor's appointment, because they may change it too!?!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Hey just wanted you to know I gave you an award over on my site!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

I still have not read "Something Borrowed!" It wasn't at the library last time.. I may have to pay a quarter to put it on hold for me ha. :) Glad to hear another positive about it.

Ashley said...

Congrats on the baby! Thats so awesome!!
Interesting choice of nicknames... TBone. hehe