Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year and A New Decade

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. This pregnant lady actually managed to stay up until 2:00am! I know I can't believe it myself. We had four very great friends come spend the evening with us and we all had such a good time. The fellas went to the Chick fil a Bowl and us girls stayed at our house playing dominoes and catching up. When the guys got back we had a very small fireworks display in our backyard to bring in the New Year.

I thought it would be fun to do a recap of the decade instead of the year because I really can't believe where I started at and where I am in such a short amount of time...well it sure feels like a short amount of time anyway.

So lets begin....

2000 - I was just a Junior in high school, spending my summer lifeguarding and my spring and winter cheerleading.
2001 - Graduation! Moving out on my own and starting my first year at Fort.Hays.State in Kansas.
2002 - One year down and starting my next while thinking Marketing is the way to go.
2003 - Finished my sophomore year and decide I need a change of scenery for the summer. Become a live-in nanny for a family in Chattanooga. To get to Chattanooga I take my first trip on a major jet. Meet my future husband and by the end of the summer I have decided to not go back to Kansas and stay in Chattanooga. A year of many first because it is also the first time I step foot on the beach.
2004 - The Mister and I adopt two dogs, Dusty and Dakota and buy our first house together. I have gone back to school to get my Associates. In December the Mister proposes on top of the Empire State Building.
2005 - August we are married and spend our honeymoon in Jamaica!
2006 - Graduate with my Associates in Paralegal Studies and begin working as a Paralegal at a law firm. I love finally having a 9-5 job and can't fathom the idea of ever going back to school. We spend our first anniversary in San Fransisco. The Mister's grandfather also passes away this year.
2007 - The Mister and I make a big move...we pack up our house and move to Atlanta. I am working in a law firm and not loving it. Second anniversary is in Nashville.
2008 - Not one for the memory books. I decide the corporate/legal world is not for me and yes I go back to school for my Bachelor's in Early Childhood Education. The Mister loses both grandmothers and his best friend, Foster, a 15yr old Australian Shepard and on top of that is laid off but fortunately is picked up quickly by another company. We decide for the third anniversary we would spend it in Atlanta. However for the Mister's 35th his parents take us all to DisneyWorld, the highlight!
2009 - Although a bad year for the economy, the Mister and I feel like it's been one of our best. The Mister gets a job offer he can't refuse doing what he has always wanted to do. I am loving my classes and looking forward to being a teacher. And the best part...Father's Day weekend when we found out we are expecting! Spend the fourth anniversary in Charleston.

I am looking forward to 2010 and the next ten years. I have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to especially in the next couple of months and I am sure the next ten years will bring about just as much change as the last ten and I can't wait.

No comments: